Thursday, January 02, 2014

Crossing the Great River- to the Newest State of Residence

There come times in life when important events change the course you're on and also where you're headed. Fate threw me a curveball last year when I got engaged to a wonderful person. Also, the place where I worked was bought out and our department is in the process of closing via a series of layoffs. So, it made sense that I'd move to where Future Husband had just secured a better-paying job and where I could not only start over but reconnect with family members who've lived far away... until now.
So I packed up the car and I moved to Beverly... Hills, that is. Well, slightly north and east, to be exact. Near Pasadena, which is convenient because my cautious driving habits can be likened to the Little Old Lady from Pasadena, whom the Beach Boys sang about. People say you only need deodorant here, not antiperspirant, since it isn't humid like it was in Florida, but after attempting to drive around town, guess what? I need antiperspirant! And I hope to God I find work close to my new home! Commuting is rough no matter where you live, but especially in places like Southern California.
Here is the view up my street from the entrance of my apartment complex. I had to take pictures to send back to Florida to show family and friends. Regrettably, my camera battery died yesterday when we were on the water in Long Beach. Ah, well. I'll be better prepared next time.
So here I am! I'm sending out my resume and looking for work and hoping that I find a great fit on the next occupational go-around. Best wishes to you for a great 2014!
-Gabi

No comments: